It stars Priyanka Chopra, Josh Hopkins, Jake McLaughlin, Aunjanue Ellis, Yasmine Al Massri, Johanna Braddy,Tate Ellington, Graham Rogers, Anabelle Acosta, Russell Tovey, Pearl Thusi, Aarón Díaz and Blair Underwood.
ABC originally ordered 13 episodes for the first season, but picked up the show for a full season with subsequent orders in October and November to a total of 22 episodes.
On March 3, 2016, ABC renewed Quantico for a second season, which premiered on September 25, 2016.
The series received positive reviews from critics and gained 8.05 million viewers in Nielsen ratings within the first season.
- Priyanka Chopra as Alexandra “Alex” Parrish, a promising FBI agent who becomes a prime suspect in a terrorist attack. Framed, she goes into hiding to track down those responsible and clear her name. At the end of season one, Alex is fired by the FBI and is given the chance to work for the CIA.
- Josh Hopkins as Liam O’Connor, a seasoned FBI agent who had a fling with Miranda Shaw, demoted to work at the FBI academy as a teacher. He and Alex’s father had graduated from the FBI academy together several years ago, and one of their first undercover operations in Omaha was blown sting killing over 200 people. He had a one-night stand with Alex on New Year’s Eve. Liam was killed by Alex and Ryan after exposing himself as a terrorist. (season 1)
- Jake McLaughlin as Ryan Booth, an undercover FBI agent who was tasked to surveil Alex, but fell in love with her instead. He takes over Miranda’s role as staff counselor. Ryan is working in the New York Office and has taken over Hanna Wyland’s position given to him by Liam O’Connor.
Jake McLaughlin – Ryan Booth
- Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda Shaw, Assistant Director of the FBI Academy at Quantico, director of the training program at Quantico and Alex’s mentor. She is removed from her prestigious role at Quantico, after allowing an undercover operation involving a trainee, Raina, to continue. At the end of season one Miranda is named Deputy Director.
- Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah and Raina Amin, twins brought into the program by Miranda, who masquerade as one person under Nimah’s name. The aggressive and secular Nimah desperately wants to be a special agent but is not quite up to the physical and mental challenge, while the more religious Raina is better suited to the role, but only entered training because Nimah wanted it so much. Eventually they are allowed to be revealed to the NATs. In the future timeline, Nimah and Raina are working undercover in a terrorist cell. Three months after the second bombing hit, Nimah is working as an agent in the New York branch, and Raina has left the FBI due to Nimah reporting that she was too emotionally involved with Hamza, whose terrorist cell they were invading prior to the second bombing. Raina is now living back home in Detroit, Michigan.
- Johanna Braddy as Shelby Wyatt, Alex’s best friend and an excellent shot. She is wealthy and her family owns a couple of corporations. Shelby’s parents were supposedly killed on 9/11, leading her to join the FBI to try to stop terrorist attacks in the future. She later learns her parents faked their death after unknowingly selling weapons software to the Taliban. At the end of season one Miranda reinstates Shelby as an agent.
- Tate Ellington as Simon Asher. He is Jewish and has a fascination with Nimah and Raina, who discover that he spent part of his life in Gaza. Simon was officially kicked out of Quantico, but is secretly a deep cover agent, who is now in the hands of the terrorist. At the end of season one, Simon sacrifices himself to save the team, takes the bomb, and drives it off a bridge. (season 1)
- Graham Rogers as Caleb Haas, who originally flunked out of the Academy as an agent, but brought back to train as an analyst, and then reinstated as an agent trainee again. Prior to the Grand Central Terminal Attack, Caleb was stationed as an analyst in San Diego, but requested a transfer to New York. (season 1)
- Anabelle Acosta as Natalie Vasquez, Alex’s former rival in academy standings and for Ryan’s heart as well. In the events after the attack, she is shown to have become an FBI agent and is one of the agents hunting Alex down. Shortly after Natalie helps Alex discover the real terrorist, Natalie is killed by an explosion. (season 1)
- Russell Tovey as Harry Doyle, a mysterious character who is best described as part Thomas Crown, part grown-up Artful Dodger. He can be anything to anybody and is just as likely to seduce your husband as he is to pick his pocket when it is over. (season 2)
- Pearl Thusi as Dayana Mampasi, a driven, disciplined, type-A lawyer working at her parents’ Boston firm who struggles to fit into the world of espionage. (season 2)
- Aarón Díaz as León Velez, a thrill-seeking photojournalist with no home or life outside his backpack. (season 2)
- Blair Underwood as Owen Hall, a charming, intelligent and inspirational CIA officer who every fledgling operative wishes he or she could learn from. (season 2)